In this two-part workshop, you will receive guidance on how to enhance your teaching by using storytelling, videos, interviews and other techniques from the TV industry.
A two-part online workshop – hosted by TV Producer Julian Dismore, on 22 and 29 March 2023
By the end of this workshop:
- You will be able to revisit your existing lectures and have ideas on how to make them more entertaining (if you want to!).
- When you structure future lectures you will be more aware of the importance of setting the mood, the power of storytelling, holding back bad news and the pay off ‘call to action’.
- You will be more confident in delivering the high-energy presentation style that effective lecturing requires.
- You will know more about the various ways you can bring your lectures to life (eg videos, interviews, quizzes and quick competitions)
- You will learn how the fundamentals of more engaging lectures are achievable in online, F2F and hybrid teaching scenarios.
- And you will see how you can make your lectures ‘must see’ events which students and colleagues look forward to. Entertaining lectures lead to improved learning which leads to happier students and improved feedback. Everyone’s a winner!
2 x 2 hour online workshop (on 22 and 29 March 2023)