Insurance expenses

Depending on your personal circumstances, it is possible that you will need to take out Dutch health insurance. You can read more about when this is the case, and about the topic in general, on our health insurance section. If you do end up taking out Dutch health insurance, you can see if you’re eligible for a subsidy to (partly) cover the expense.

You may also want to take out personal liability insurance or home contents insurance. Some rental agencies may also require this. The first covers you if you accidentally damage someone else’s property, and the second covers you for damage or loss of your possessions in your own home.

Give feedback