Parking permits

Foreign Student Parking Permit

Student parking permits are for students who commute to the university from abroad. Note: you can only apply for the student parking permit if you study in the Netherlands but live abroad.

If you live and study in Maastricht, you need a resident parking permit (see below).

The foreign student parking permit entitles you to park in one of the following zones: Brusselsepoort; Jekerdal, Villapark en Sint Pieter; Noorderbrug/Franciscus Romanusweg and Mariaberg. The cost is €5,- per month (plus a one-time admin fee of €15).

You can apply for this permit directly with the municipality. Follow the link and fill in your information. Note that the documents listed below are required (and must be legible).

  • Proof of registration at your university
  • A certificate of residence (from the place you are registered at abroad)
  • The registration number of the car. If the car is registered in the name of somebody else living at your home address, you have to send the documents of this person’s registration as an extra attachment.

For more information, check out the municipality’s page on the matter.

Resident Parking Permit

If you live and study in Maastricht (i.e. you do not commute to university from abroad), you can apply for a resident parking permit. This permit entitles you to park your car in the zone you live in. Prices range from €35,- to €250,- per year depending on how far away from Maastricht’s centre you live. You can apply for a residents parking permit online.  Be sure to always place your parking permit clearly visible in your car’s windscreen.

Give feedback