The Dutch healthcare system may be organised slightly differently from the one you are used to in your home country. It’s really important to get familiar with the system here so you’ll know what to do in case you need any medical assistance but hopefully, it’ll all be smooth sailing! Here, you can find the most important things to know about personal health care while staying in the Netherlands.
In our health care section you can find answers to the following questions:
- How do I find a suitable family doctor/ general physician/ primary physician?
- Do I need to get Dutch health insurance?
- What should I do in case of an emergency?
- Where do I go if I need psychological help?
- Where can I get tested for STDs?
- What do I do if I need to go to the dentist?
…and so much more!