Liability Insurance (WA-verzekering) may come in handy if you accidentally damage someone else’s property. Some landlords might even require you to take this out before even considering you as a prospective tenant. You can get this through your Dutch bank or other providers.

Another insurance you might want to consider taking out is contents insurance (Inboedelverzekering). This covers damage done to, as well as the loss of, your personal possessions while they are in your home. Generally, this includes things like theft, and water or fire damage. You should look into this with your bank or at some department stores that offer deals for items purchased at their store. If you’re interested in taking out contents insurance, you should use a comparison site like to compare the different options available.

Give feedback

Official partner of: