Huurtoeslag (rent subsidy)

Do you live in independent accommodation? If you do, you might be able to get the Huurtoeslag.  This is a subsidy the Dutch government offers you towards your monthly rent. The amount of money you get with the huurtoeslag varies depending on your age, how much rent you pay and how much money you have.

A studio with its own entrance, bathroom and kitchen is considered independent accommodation. If you live in a building owned by a housing coorporation and have your own doorbell to your room, this is also independent accomodation. Check out this link to learn about the conditions and to see if you are eligible. If you are allowed to apply, follow the steps in the guidance document below. 

Give feedback