What does an average student night out cost in Maastricht? How much do you pay for a meal? Or a drink? Read on to find out!
On average, we estimate that a meal at an inexpensive restaurant in Maastricht will cost you around €13. However, classic student haunts will offer great (home-made) meals for less! There are plenty of student spots where you can expect to pay anything from €4-10 for great food. Here are a few examples to give you an idea of places and prices:
- Le Souk (Moroccan)
- Cato by Cato (international and fusion; a take-away box for €4.50)
- Bread and More (sandwiches; ham & cheese sandwich for €4.75)
- A La Paco (Spanish deli; Serrano ham sandwich for €3.50)
- Yildiz Plaza (Turkish; kebab for €7)
- Dadawan (Asian; beef bowl for €9.95)
- Bandito Espresso (coffee and bistro)
- Piano B (pizza; margherita for €8.80 + students get 10% discount)
We chose to list only these few places because of their popularity and diversity; however, there are many many more! Check out our city map to find them!
Cruisin’ for some boozin’? We’ll give you an idea of how much damage a night of drinking out in Maastricht would do. We’ll also list some popular student bars for you to check out!
The first thing you should know before moving to the Netherlands is that, like their German and Belgian neighbours, the Dutch like their beer. A lot. So if you’re true to the brew, you will certainly not be disappointed with the variety of beers on offer in Maastricht. Price-wise, expect to pay around €2.50-3.50 for 25cl of local draft beer (‘Brand’ beer is big here – it rhymes so it’s true).
Cocktails are a little bit on the pricier side: you can expect to pay around €8-15, depending on the place. Or do you pine for some wine? Then, you’re looking at around €3-6 for a classy glass(y) of vintage.
Make sure you check out: