Drugs are not only dangerous because of the substances which might be mixed into them, drug-addiction is also a danger many students underestimate. An addiction, not only to drugs but also to different behaviors (e.g. gaming), often messes up the situation and studies of students and sometimes even endangers one’s life. If you worry that you might have a drug problem, or maybe one of your friends does, you can get in touch with the department of addiction prevention Mondriaan in Maastricht. Mondriaan is an organization with more than 40 locations in Limburg and they are specialized in aiding and treating addiction. Not only do they treat patients, they are also generally approachable with all questions you might have regarding the topic.
You can contact Mondriaan Addiction Prevention at: Mail: email@example.com; Phone: 088 506 7200.
Just looking for some reliable and objective information about alcohol, drugs and other addictions?
- Check out Unity and read their always up to date Drugs ABC.
- If you want to know more about how drugs influence all the processes going on in your brain you can click here and have an animation explain it to you. You can choose different kinds of drugs to see the different effects they have on your brain.
- Party in the Netherlands? All you need to know in one video!
- What is XTC? Check out this animation made by Unity (English, German, French & Spanish subtitles available)
- Planning a trip to Amsterdam? Check out this video about ignoring streetdealers.