Want to make sure you’re as well-prepared as possible to enter the labour market? Here, we list some links, info and career service resources to get you up and working in no time. Also, make sure you check out the rest of our section on finding work in the Netherlands.
Thankfully, both universities in Maastricht offer a lot of support for students looking for jobs, both during their studies and after:
- UM Career Services supports students in their professional development to become employable and to be able to make well-considered study choices. They offer online tools, workshops, lectures, and individual career counselling, both online and offline. Maastricht University alumni can participate until six months after graduation.
- Check out the Employability Portal, where you can find a broad range of opportunities to improve your employability skills, including the best vacancy search engines, interesting internet tools and upcoming (networking) events of both internal and external parties
- The university also offers plenty of lectures, workshops and training courses to develop yourself professionally (and personally)
- For tailored and personal guidance, the university also offers quick career advice, walk-in student guidance, individual career counseling, and advice to start your own business
- This page covers regulations and requirements for non-Dutch/non-EEA students looking for work in the Netherlands
- Lastly, the Overview Career Links comprises the best websites to help you start off your life after uni (you’ll need to log in with your UM student details)
- The Zuyd Career Services Facebook group regularly publishes relevant information for students