Legal advice (Huurteam Zuid-Limburg)

You might need legal advice during your time in Maastricht but don’t worry! There are lots of places to help you.

Huurteam Zuid-Limburg (HTZL) is an organisation founded by Maastricht University and the municipality of Maastricht. It exists to help tenants with housing related difficulties. The Huurteam is is specialized in Rental Law and is therefore an excellent resource for things like problems with your rental contract or your deposit. If you have any issues related to your home or questions regarding your rights as a tenant, contact them. They provide you with legal advice in anything that is Rental Law related and if necessary they can also start procedures for you (for example for the rent price or for service costs). 

It is also possible to receive free legal advice within Maastricht. Both the Studentenrechtsbureau and Het Juridisch Loket have websites through which you can get in touch. In addition, the Juridisch Loket have a legal desk, where they are happy to speak English. The desk is open on Monday between 09.00 and 11.00 and Thursday between 14.00 and 16.00 at Avenue Ceramique.

Watch the video below to find out the different services that the HTZL has to offer!

For more information, students can read about tenancy law in English here.

Proofread and validated by
Huurteam Zuidlimburg
Give feedback

Official partner of: